We have openings in the following areas:
- Optometric Assistant
Patient Outreach Coordinator
- Relational Ambassador
- Administrative Assistant
- Optician / Ophthalmic Dispenser
All of the above positions are roughly half-time positions, but we are willing (and would prefer) to combine two positions into one full-time position. For all positions you must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You must be an enthusiastic team player, yet able to work independently. As we are fully computerized, you must have strong computer skills. Most importantly, you enjoy providing an exceptional experience for our patients. Previous experience will be given consideration, but finding a good fit for our team with the right attitude is more important as we are willing to train.
Here is what you’ll be doing and what you need to do it well:
- Operate computer assisted diagnostic instruments.
- Assist doctors with patient care and treatment.
- Educate and train patients regarding eyecare products and services.
PATIENT OUTREACH COORDINATOR
- Enhancing our relational commitment with patients by phone.
- Informing patients they are due for exams, confirming appointments and other patient communications.
- Must be passionate about using the phone!
- Develop and coordinate internal and external marketing including print, online, promotional events, loyalty programs, etc.
- Work with owners to develop, implement and oversee projects.
- Create, update and maintain various Office Manuals.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, social media and general computer skills).
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Previous experience or training will be given strong consideration for this position.
OPTICIAN / OPHTHALMIC DISPENSER
- Assist in the selection and measurement of frames and lenses.
- Adjust, repair and assemble eyeglasses.
- Have a keen sense of fashion and enjoy helping others look and see their best.
We offer employee benefits, training and opportunities for professional growth. Our friendly and stylish office has four optometrists, leading edge diagnostic equipment, a spacious eyewear gallery with over 1,200 frames and sunglasses and full contact lens services. For a challenging, fun and deeply satisfying career in eyecare, please apply for a position with our company. Only applications received through our hiring portal will be accepted. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Doctors Eyecare Wetaskiwin, but we will only contact those selected for an interview. There is no deadline to apply. We will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.